The Apply Right program will help your planning team get your vision off the ground. The New York City Charter School Center’s team will provide you with the tools, guidance and resources you’ll need to ensure your charter application is ready for submission to New York State charter authorizers.
UPDATE: Availability of Charters
While there are approximately 90 charters available to open in New York State, there are currently no charters available to be issued in New York City. We continue to work with our charter advocacy partners to push the legislature to consider making new charters available for NYC in the coming year.
To be eligible for Apply Right, teams must:
- Have at least two team members willing to commit to the program
- Intend to open a charter school in New York
- Understand and commit to building a high quality public charter school
$600 per team – we encourage 3 members to register as a team.
- Registration for three team members. Additional members may register for $200 each
- All materials for the team
- Access to Charter Center experts by appointment for specific questions
REGISTER TO ATTEND:
WHAT TO EXPECT
Apply Right is an intensive series of online seminars that enable your team to tackle the application’s various components efficiently, including academic design and curriculum, data and assessment, budgeting and operations, and community engagement.
- Led by former SUNY-CSI authorizer and nationally recognized charter school application consultant, Simeon Stolzberg, planning teams will explore work plans, resources and templates to inform your school development, as well as high-quality exemplars from successful applicants.
- Upon completion of the workshop the Charter Center team will be available for quality review and assessment of your readiness for the application process. More information will be available during the Application Workshop.