With an intense focus on developing stronger applications, the Apply Right program will help your planning team get your vision off the ground. The New York City Charter School Center’s team will provide you with the tools, guidance and resources you’ll need to ensure your charter application is ready for submission to New York State charter authorizers.
UPDATE: Charter Availability Outside of NYC
While there are still 96 charters available to open in New York State, there are currently no charters available to be issued in New York City. However, New York’s legislature is currently considering making new charters available for NYC this spring.
To be eligible for Apply Right, teams must:
- Have at least two team members willing to commit to the program
- Intend to open a charter school in New York
- Show commitment to building a high quality public charter school
$600 per team – we encourage for participants to register as a team.
- Registration for three team members. Registrants can bring additional members for $200 each
- All materials for the team
- Breakfast and lunch each day
WHAT TO EXPECT
Apply Right is a two-day intensive seminar that enables your team to tackle the application’s various components efficiently, including academic design and curriculum, data and assessment, budgeting and operations, and community engagement.
- Led by former SUNY-CSI authorizer and nationally recognized charter school application consultant, Simeon Stolzberg, planning teams will explore work plans, resources and templates to inform your school development, as well as high-quality exemplars from successful applicants.
- Upon completion of the workshop the Charter Center team will conduct quality review and readiness assessments to determine whether or not teams will be invited to participate in Phase 2. More information regarding the assessment process will be available at the Application Workshop.
Upon completion of the workshop the Charter Center team will conduct quality review and readiness assessments to determine whether or not teams will be invited to participate in Phase 2. More information regarding the assessment process will be available at the Application Workshop.